Welcome...

Thank you for checking out our blog... We are the Oakden's from Christchurch - New Zealand, a little city in a little country that has become synonymous with earthquakes. Since September 4th 2010 we have literally had thousands of earthquakes... people often ask how we are still living here - and how we put up with all the shaking, and the not knowing what is going to happen... But it's simple. Christchurch is home, it's who we are - it's part of us... it's where our little family was created, and I guess that gives us roots to this shaky city. It's going to take a lot more to make us want to leave.

July 31, 2011

Creating cuteness

I have started sewing, and have to say I am - really enjoying it... seems it is a lot more fun when you're sewing because you want to, and not because you're being told to by a certain grumpy sewing teacher at high school.

My latest creation is a fleece soaker for my niece, Bronte - I have to say I am really really happy with my effort, it's definitely the best sewing job that I've done.  I hope Bronny enjoys it :)

fleece soaker - made from the off cuts of a blanket I bought for Gaby, that was 'too big', according to her.  Why waste perfectly good fabric, when you can upcycle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment