Welcome...

Thank you for checking out our blog... We are the Oakden's from Christchurch - New Zealand, a little city in a little country that has become synonymous with earthquakes. Since September 4th 2010 we have literally had thousands of earthquakes... people often ask how we are still living here - and how we put up with all the shaking, and the not knowing what is going to happen... But it's simple. Christchurch is home, it's who we are - it's part of us... it's where our little family was created, and I guess that gives us roots to this shaky city. It's going to take a lot more to make us want to leave.

July 11, 2011

Sisterly love...

Sisters meeting for the first time
Emersyn went to spend the night with her father at midday on Saturday... Sunday morning Gaby went to spend the day with her father - and by the time she got back on Sunday, Emersyn was home and in bed asleep..... This morning when Gaby went in to see Emersyn after she'd woken up, all I heard on the baby monitor was this almighty squeeealllllllll from Emersyn, and Gaby giggling saying "yes Emmy I'm happy to see you - hahaha stop cuddling me"...  It was music to my ears.

Six months into their sisterly love
I love watching their relationship develop, especially now that Emersyn is getting bigger/older and is getting to the point she can interact with Gaby, rather than be a bystander.  If she's tired she cuddles up to Gaby - and usually I get tears in my eyes, because it is such a sweet sight... you can REALLY see the love that they feel for each other.  I KNOW that soon enough there will be fighting and lots of "I hate you" being yelled by both of them, but I hope that in those times, I can think back to THESE times, and relive all these cute moments.

My little lovies having a cuddle in Mummy's bed
I think back to my sister - we had some horrendous fights as kids, but it seemed that as soon as it was out of our system, we were back to plotting against our cousins, or Mum and Dad... or whichever school friend had upset us that day.  I hope that when my girls are our age they have a close relationship like we do.....

There is something so special about the bond between two sisters.  I am just glad my girls will be able to experience it :)

2 comments: